Amanda moved from Wisconsin to Alaska in the early 2000s to attend college at the University of Alaska, Anchorage, on a gymnastics scholarship. She competed all four years in NCAA Division 1 gymnastics and was named an academic all-American each year. Amanda was also honored as an athletic all-American for the vault in 2004! She graduated with an Associates of applied science, fire and emergency services in 2005, a Bachelors in psychology in 2007, and a Bachelors of Science in nursing in 2008. She has experience working in behavioral health, labor and delivery, surgical and general nursing. She and her husband Collin have two children and together run a family-owned trucking business. When Amanda does have some down time, she and her family like to travel — especially to the Hawaiian island of Kona.
- Associates of applied science, fire and emergency services, UAA
- Bachelors in psychology, UAA
- Bachelors of Science in nursing, UAA
- Worked at North Star Behavioral Health
- Worked at Anchorage Correctional Complex
- Nurse with ANMC Labor and Delivery since 2010